Publicatiedatum : 19 juni 2017
Type aanwerving : Vast contract
For a leading S&P 500 Company in Tilburg we are currently searching for a Business Controller. This company has sales, manufacturing and creative facilities in over 30 countries worldwide.
Do you recognize yourself as a result driven Business Controller and open for a next step in your career please read this challenging opportunity that we have open right now!
This is a challenging role within a dynamic business requiring a drive for results and strict adherence to deadlines, as well as the ability to see the world beyond the numbers.
The primary function of this position is to ensure the completeness and accuracy of one of the Business Unit P&L.
General responsibilities will include:
- Complete oversight and execution of the operational planning process: budgeting, forecasting, and accurate internal management reporting and analysis for the Business Unit Operations and Business Development as well as the Non-Divisional departments.
- Being the key Business Partner to local functional departmental management.
- Sign off on the accuracy and completeness of the monthly Profit and Loss statement.
The Business Controller will be detail-oriented, demonstrate excellent analytical and software skills and also successfully be able to communicate conclusions and high level observations both verbally and written to Financial and Operations organization.
This is a challenging role within a business requiring a strong drive for results, ability to drive changes and strict adherence to deadlines, as well as the ability to see the world beyond the numbers.
- Operational budgeting, forecasting and internal management reporting:
- Key player in the annual budget process for controllable expenses and income statement
- Monitor actual results, follow-up with local departmental managers on variances, and proactively anticipate trends that will impact the monthly and annual results
- Responsible for the monthly forecasting process, as well as identifying and taking action on undesirable trends or unexpected deviations from targets
- Provide relevant and accurate reports to BU management, striving for continuous improvement and looking for opportunities to make the financial processes more efficient
- Monthly confirmation on accuracy and completeness of the Income Statement
- Plan, budget, forecast, reporting are always timely, reliable, focused, and relevant for decision making. Analysis always looks forward and focuses on gaps.
- Key Business Partner - support local functional management:
- Analyze and report on margin development, set targets and support margin improvement initiatives
- Jointly develop and roll out efficiency improvement project (cost reduction / control programs) for Operations, Business Development teams
- Support Operations in Blocked Stock analysis and reduction, providing recommendations on provisioning to ensure full P&L coverage and to minimize risk
- Participate in various ad hoc projects as required
- Operates as business partner to provide not only information and insight, but intervention.
- Cost Accounting:
- Analyze cost variations and identify the main reasons for the variances (raw materials, ingredients, etc) versus budget and prior year, providing reports/explanations to the local team and regional finance director
- Together with costing and accounting teams, implement controls in order to prevent cost variations with P&L impact
- Formal education and / or training in Finance and Accountancy, added with a minimum of 5 years of experience within a similar position (manufacturing industry) or within a BIG4 Firm.
- Good command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to work with people from all backgrounds and disciplines to achieve desired objective
- Competent in the areas of change management, initiative, creativity, assertiveness, decisiveness
- Knowledge of IT systems and business processes:
o Microsoft Excel (advanced)
o Preferred knowledge of SAP FICO
- Core Competencies:
o Drive for Results
o Problem Solving
o Customer focus
o Strategic Agility
Please apply directly or for more information please contact Fatima Rebbah, Associate Business Director at 040-234 87 50.
5657 DV Eindhoven