Senior Accountant - Rotterdam
Boekhouding en finance
For an international IT organization in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Senior Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for a financial professional who wants to develop with a rapidly growing company. It contains a fulltime job with direct employment with the client.
- Responsible for full-cycle accounting including monthly account and bank reconciliations, journal entries, AR and AP tasks, and month end responsibilities.
- Enforce financial controls; apply Group accounting procedures and policies, ensuring that local accounting practices comply with government regulations and global processes and controls
- Compile year-end working papers for auditors and provide support of audit review process
- Support cash management through banking functions and vendor payments
- Support payroll administration when required and perform payroll reconciliation
- Generate standard financial reports as required
- Prepare and submit Government and Regulatory Filings, including Tax, VAT and CBS Reporting
- Oversee general bookkeeping at other European businesses
- Support the General Manager in the preparation of budget and tracking performance against budget
- Work with external service providers that provide financial administration
- Liaison with the head office concerning all accounting matters
You have a passion for numbers. You are precise and deadline driven. You are driven to succeed and take pride in your work. You have an excellent grasp on full-cycle accounting and have the experience to back it up. Understanding the details but not losing sight of the big picture is your special skill. You take responsibility and initiative in solving problems, but know how to work within a team environment. Knowing that success in your role helps us achieve its vision and strategy, you strive to learn more and want to grow with an exciting international company.
- You have at least a Bachelor degree in Accounting. Preference given to those that have a recognized accounting certification.
- You possess 5 to 10 years of experience in full cycle bookkeeping experience.
- You are an intermediate user of MS Excel.
- You have experience managing the year-end process and dealing with auditors
- You have experience of dealing with international locations
- You have previous working experience of enterprise-level computerized accounting systems. Bonus points for previous experience with Sage and/or Great Plains.
- You have a good command of English and can communicate effectively, respectfully, and tactfully. We would consider the fact that you can speak other European languages a big plus.
- You are exceptionally organized, trustworthy, detailed, accurate, and analytical. You can keep sensitive information confidential.
- You thrive in a team and understand matrix environments.
- You can handle flexible work hours, understanding that the time differences between Rotterdam and Vancouver may require work hours outside of a normal schedule from time to time.
- You are experienced in analyzing accounting data and performing account reconciliations.
- You are able to prepare internal financial reports
- You have a good knowledge of GAAP and are able to apply accounting standards to transactions
- You can learn, retain and apply accounting information, terminology, policies and procedures.
- You are able to work with different accounting systems and are able to continuously learn new procedures in a rapidly-evolving environment
- You are a team player and a self-starter. You work effectively with a wide variety of people; take initiative; and deal effectively with situations.
- You work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritize and therefore process high volumes of transactions and meeting deadlines.
The client offers a gross year salary around 75K.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity? Are you the Senior Accountant we are looking for? Please send us your resume using the "solliciteer" button.
RotterdamEclipse Building - 4de verdieping
Rivium Quadrant 75
2909 LC Capelle a/d IJssel
nl +31 10 280 15 75