General Ledger Accountant
Publicatiedatum : 10 mei 2017
Type aanwerving : Vast contract
For an International company in the Area of Maastricht we are currently looking for a General Ledger Accountant.
In this function, you are responsible for supporting financial accounting processes to provide timely and accurate reporting in accordance with both local regulations and US GAAP requirements. It will require working together and building business relationships with a variety of customers, stakeholders and relevant support functions. Key focus will be the ownership of the Control Tower activities for Spain and Portugal. You are the linking pin between the outsourcing partner and the Iberian local office team in assuring quality and timeliness of all outsourced and centralized activities. In the position it is also important to assure activities are performed in accordance with local regulations and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
You are part of the Accounting Services team of Business Services EMEA that consists of 30 Finance professionals.
- Execute month/quarter/year end close process to ensure timely and accurate close and financial reports preparation
- Oversee financial and accounting processes and work closely together with French local office team and outsourcing partner, with a high focus on controlling balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Optimize current financial accounting processes in coordination with different stakeholders
- Drive compliance in all finance related matters and ensure compliance with Corporate and local policies, statutory requirements and GAAP principles
- Support internal and external audits and audit-related accounting matters (SOx, CA&C)
- Apply Lean methodologies to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of financial processes
- Participate in implementing quality requirements in all aspects of the finance process
- Ensure all activities comply with legal demands, ethical standards and the Internal Quality Management System
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or general Finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, international or shared service center experience
- Proactive attitude and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with a fluency in English and an other European language.
Please apply directly or for more information contact Fatima Rebbah, Associate Business Director, via 040-234 87 70.
5657 DV Eindhoven