Publicatiedatum : 16 december 2016
Type aanwerving : Vast contract
The General Ledger/Statutory accountant is responsible for day to day General Ledger and VAT processes within the Finance department.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing and maintaining assigned General Ledger accounts in accordance with statutory requirements and internal policies
- Inventory/Intercompany reconciliations, knowledge and understanding
- Documenting General Ledger processes and promoting best practices
- Month end/quarter end/year end closing according to department deadlines
- Preparation of VAT reporting and analysis in conjunction with Finance external agency local offices
- Proactively reviewing set up and streamlining process
- Foreign currency accounting. Ability to understand and review the monthly impact, highlighting any anomalies and making corrective actions
- Ad hoc assignments when required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the local offices
- Dealing with and resolving General accounting queries.
- Provide support and advice when required to other member(s) of the Finance team.
- Statutory requirements
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts/Corporate Income Tax for an assigned number of entities in cooperation with local offices of Finance external agency
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or international equivalent
- Solid accounting/administrative background (proven experience with General Ledger and Financial accounting) within a multi entity International organization
- Working experience with ERP-systems. In particular SAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in Dutch and English)
- Highly accurate
- Ability to adapt to rapid change as the business develops, capable of working under pressure and manage time effectively
- Working experience of Statutory Financial statements and Corp Income Tax for multiple countries is an advantage
- Highly skilled with the statutory reporting under US GAAP
- Working knowledge of VAT in multiple countries
- Minimum 3 years' experience in similar position
Do you meet the requirements and are you interested? Please apply with your resume. For questions contact division Finance & Accounting via 020-4709011.
Please note, if you haven't received an answer within 10 workdays you haven't been selected for this vacancy.
1062 EA Amsterdam