Senior GL Accountant and Consolidation specialist
Boekhouding en finance
Our client is a hotel management company that prides ourselves on making a difference by being different. The company is expanding rapidly.
They combine hands on expertise in hospitality, particularly within the extended stay sector, with in depth knowledge of real estate. From the initial concept of a new hotel, to guests checking out with a smile on their face, we have the experience, expertise and talent to get things right.
Currently most of the accounting work is outsourced with third party service providers in The Netherlands, UK and France. Recently we have decided to implement our own accounting system start insourcing part of the accounting activities (mainly of our Dutch entities). Due to this important change, our client is looking for a highly motivated Senior GL Accountant and consolidation specialist (4-6 years of experience) who is interested to play a key role in the start-up and development of an accounting department that is currently getting established at the company headquarters office in Amsterdam. This position is a great opportunity for a talented individual who has the desire to join a fast-growing company in an international environment. Main responsibility will be end-to-end bookkeeping of a number of legal entities, monthly consolidation and coordinating the compliance deliverables with the local service providers. The Senior GL Accountant (m/f/x) will report to the senior financial controller.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Responsible for the end-to-end GL accounting activities and the entire month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close process for a group of in-sourced legal entities
- Monthly Balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis
- Completion of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Coordinate the compliance deliverables with the local service providers (i.e. VAT, CIT, Payroll etc.), review output and safeguard submission deadlines
- Supervise the preparation and filing of the annual consolidated financial statements
- Monthly consolidation, Intercompany billing, Intercompany charges and Intercompany reconciliations
- Re-charge of expenses from service organization to hotels, including billing
- Drive and coordinate the further in-sourcing of the accounting services as currently rendered by third party local service providers
- Any other task as assigned
- Proven working experience as a Senior GL Accountant
- Proven experience in consolidation
- Qualified accountant, bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- Dutch GAAP and IFRS knowledgeable. UK GAAP reporting would be considered as a "strong asset"
- Strong technical accounting background
- Familiar with a multi-currency environment
- Well versed with MS Office applications (excel)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator and team player
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment
- Fluent in English, Dutch, French and German as considered to be a plus
- Experience with MS Dynamics Navision (ERP software) is considered to be a plus
- Hotel industry experience is considered to be a plus, however not a prerequisite
1043 GL Amsterdam +31 20 470 90 11