Senior Accounting Officer
€ 5.000,00 - € 6.000,00 / month
Boekhouding en finance
For our international software client, we are looking for a Senior Accounting Officer. The company is located in Amsterdam city center.
As a Senior Accounting Officer, you are responsible for making sure that the company his financials are compliant with local GAAP and show a real picture of the financial performance of the company, you are also responsible for accounting processes improvement and mentoring your co-workers.
In this position you will report to the Manager Finance & Control, and you will be integrated in a team of other 11 finance professionals.
As a Senior Accounting Officer, you are responsible for the review and booking of journal entries as well as balance sheet and profit and loss review. You run accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the entities and prepare global monthly consolidation ensuring elimination and reconciliation of inter-company balances. You perform pre/post-closing journal entries, including reconciliations in the general ledger. It is your responsibility to drive continuous system and process improvements with close cooperation with global colleagues. As Senior Accounting Specialist you are in charge of the preparation of independent standalone and consolidated financial statements and will hold the relation with external auditors and tax authorities . You're responsible for the accurate accounting treatment of payroll.
How about you?
ou are an experienced accountant and know all about Dutch GAAP combined with a good knowledge of Dutch and International taxes. You have an hands-on approach and you can demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Some details:
- Bachelor, preferably Master, Degree in Accounting or accounting related field
- CPA or similar qualification preferred
- You have at least 5 years experience in a Senior Accountant role or similar
- Highly energetic, collaborative team player
- Comfortable in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves
- Solid knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Fluency in English and Dutch, written and spoken
- Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused
- Looking for improvements continuously
- Focus on self-development
- Knowledge of VAT/GST regulations
- Good understanding of overall tax regulations related with the digital space
- Manage internal Stakeholders
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Netsuite
- Excellent domain of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
1043 GL Amsterdam
nl +31 20 470 90 11