Publicatiedatum : 08 september 2017
Type aanwerving : Vast contract
For a non profit company at The Hague we are looking for a Financial Controller.
The division Finance is responsible for timely, complete and correct registration of transactions in the accounting system and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Furthermore, the division develops and supports the financial management system by means of operating an effective and efficient planning en control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures and by implementing and maintaining relevant ICT applications.
The Financial Controller is responsible for all finance issues related to the general ledger and AP/AR, including payroll and time writing. This general ledger (GL) role is focused on the intersection between Financial Control and Accounting, which means you will be performing accounting tasks as well as preparing analysis and reports.
The Financial Controller reports to the Director Finance. For the Supporting units Unit Heads he/she is the focal person for all administrative and financial matters. The Financial Controller coordinates and supervises the activities of a team of financial officers (GL/AP/payroll (3)) and works together with the Unit Heads of the supporting units and supplies them with all relevant financial information.
Administrative guidelines, internal controls and procedures
- Analyses and develops financial guidelines and procedures within the framework of RJ650 and in harmony with KNCVs guidelines.
- Designs, updates and implements the financial guidelines and procedures, including time writing procedures
- Develops and describes the yearly financial planning & control, finance management processes and accounting process taking into account the needs of the units
- Implements the financial guidelines and the planning & control cycle including related financial applications in the daily routines of the units and coaches unit heads in using the guidelines and following the procedure\
Executing the planning & control cycle
- Initiates and coordinates the annual (financial) planning, monitoring and reporting cycle in consultation with support staff within the units, including budgets, prognoses and (semi)annual accounts and presenting results to Director Finance
- Supports the Directors/Heads of units in the financial planning, monitoring and reporting cycle and supports the Director Finance for external reporting
- Presents the progress of budget realization to the Heads of units, reports major constraints and discrepancies in the financial management to the Heads of units and the Director Finance
- Guides and manages the annual financial audits by an external auditing firm and reports their findings
- Prepares (parts of) the annual accounts and presents them to the Director Finance
- Contributes to the annual plan of the division Finance
- Is budget holder for part of the division Finance budget
Funding flows and treasury
- Prepares annual cash flow forecasts
- Monitors weekly cash flows and authorizes internal money transfers before they are presented for signing to the holder of proxy within KNCV
- Monitors in country bank balances and currency exposure
Various financial management tasks
- Maintains the integrity of the time writing system
- Composes other relevant management information by own initiative or upon request
- Supports the Director Finance in other tasks upon request
- Supervises team members
- Takes care of qualitative and quantitative formation of his team
- Ensures proper execution of the HRM manual and adheres to the KNCV performance cycle
- Coordination within the Finance division in order to increase the efficiency and effectiveness and improve the quality
- Plans, coordinate and checks the activities and deadlines of the team
- Bachelors' degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and financial accounting (Dutch GAAP)
- Knowledge of working methods, guidelines and rules for accounting within the organization and within the donors' institute
- Knowledge of and insight in the KNCV organization and its field of operations
- Experience in management
- Advanced knowledge of relevant financial software applications (Exact Globe)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch, English
Please apply by the 'solliciteer' button. Reference number: NB08963
Rivium Quadrant 75
2909 LC Capelle a/d IJssel