Senior Accounts Receivable Officer / Credit Collector
Boekhouding en finance
Our client is currently looking for a senior AR team member (m/f).
The AR team (2 FTE) is responsible for contract management in the ERP system, billing and collection. The scope is worldwide; as accounting takes place in Amsterdam for all its legal entities.
The AR team is in close contact with other departments like Sales and Consulting to take appropriate action in regard contract management, billing and credit collection.
When it comes to credit collection, you find the right balance between contractual agreements which needs to be adhered to by our customers on the one hand, and the importance of relationships and cultural differences on the other hand.
You will discuss with management the outstanding position on a regular basis.
Looking for improvements of the AR processes and systems comes naturally to you. You will be a key driver in setting up user audits.
You are as AR team also part of the Finance Team and will report into the Finance Manager
Responsibilities among others
- Contract management in ERP system
- Prepare and review customer accounts with management
- Reporting on outstanding debts
- Work with Sales Managers and Consultants to ensure timely and accurate billing of licensees and fees and credit collection
- Execute frequent reconciliation of accounts receivable activities, resolving discrepancies or disputed balances.
What you need to succeed
- IT savviness; understanding the digital opportunities for AR to increase efficiency
- Positive attitude, highly energetic, collaborative, team player and comfortable in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves
- Solid AR accounting skills, familiar with the concept of revenue recognition in all its varieties
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate financial implications of AR to the business
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant education and job experience (3- 5 years)
- Experience with Netsuite is preferred
- Strong reporting skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent customer service skills, capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused
- Looking for improvements - continuously
- Proactive, strong communication skills, cultural sensitivity, self-development
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment
1062 EA Amsterdam +31 20 470 90 11