€60000 - 75000 / annum
Boekhouding en finance
Do you want to work in the city center of Amsterdam for the HQ of a global company? Do you have experience with technical accounting and/or reporting at a Dutch company or Big-4 experience? For our client - a global producer of industrial chemicals based in Amsterdam, with divisions in the US, and North Africa- we are looking for a Reporting Specialist.
In this position you are a key member of the Finance team in Amsterdam working to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle. Furthermore you work on the roll-out and implementation of the monthly consolidation process. You work effectively across the company's functional organizations. Promote effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Being a key contributor of the monthly and quarterly closing and consolidation process
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and lead process improvement initiatives
- Consolidation of the worldwide financial statements and other operating data for actual, budget, and forecast purposes
- Maintain the consolidation working papers, and the adjusting and elimination entries
- Analyse monthly business unit financial statements and other related correspondence included in consolidated financial data
- Work closely with Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system
- Coordinate and prepare the financial and statistical data utilized in the: Annual Report, quarterly Board of Directors package, and monthly financial reporting package
- Assist in the annual audit of the consolidated financial information with the external auditors
- Research and resolve various accounting issues and questions that arise at the corporate and group levels
- Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improve the quality of information collected in the month-end closing process
Since the company is rapidly growing it is possible to initiate your involvement in other areas within Finance.
- Master degree required. RA, CA or CPA preferred
- At least 5 years experience at a headquarter/corporate office working environment in international publicly listed companies, specifically with multi-tiered consolidations or working experience in the Big-4
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS accounting and auditing standards, and Dutch regulatory requirements
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. We do sincerely value your interest in Robert Half en our job postings; therefore if you do not hear back from us on this occasion, we would like to encourage you to continue to apply to other advertised opportunities for which your experience may be more suitable.
1043 GL Amsterdam +31 20 470 90 11