Publicatiedatum : 07 april 2017
Type aanwerving : Vast contract
For one of our international clients, a fast growing medical devices US company, we're seeking for a hands on, all round and seasoned Junior Accountant.
You'll join a new team, who are currently hiring multiple positions. Being part of an entrepreneurial environment, where you'll get the opportunity to build a solid and expanding International HQ.
If this is appealing to you, take a quick look if your profile is matching the requirements and submit your resume.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant and working closely with Line Management, other departments and with US headquarters, this position will be responsible for timely, accurate and complete accounting, VAT reporting, preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts. This position is responsible for accounting activities for a number of operating entities in Europe (Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK and more to come).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain the administration of clients in Oracle
- Perform entries in Oracle
- Assisting with the day to day accounting activities for multiple operating entities
- Assist Chief Accountant on day to day activities
- Assist in preparation VAT reports for multiple operating entities
- Handling the financial administration (AP/AR GL) on a day-to-day basis
- Support internal sales process as request from sales department
- Ensure a timely and correct filing of the administrative records
- Ensures all financial transactions are properly recorded with sufficient documentation to support the business purpose of the transactions
- Supports month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, and year end close
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Manager
- Ability to review processes, identify gaps and propose/implement changes
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field, or extensive experience relevant to the role.
- Fluency in English, any other European language is an advantage
- Solid communication skills and ability to work with different levels in the organization
- Eye for detail, accuracy and ownership
- Solid understanding of accounting flows
- Accounting/GAAP Knowledge
- ERP knowledge: Oracle
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- No nine-to-five mentality
- Willing to work in a dynamic/changing and sometimes hectic organization
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. We do sincerely value your interest in Robert Half en our job postings; therefore if you do not hear back from us on this occasion, we would like to encourage you to continue to apply to other advertised opportunities for which your experience may be more suitable.
1062 EA Amsterdam