Financial Reporting Specialist
Publicatiedatum : 24 augustus 2017
Type aanwerving : Vast contract
Financial Reporting Specialist
EUR 70 -80 K
Are you looking for the next great challenge in your career and are you ready to join our world-class team of financial professionals? Are you looking to be part of state-of-the-art technology and a world-class brand? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client, a tech company located in Amsterdam, is looking for the best and brightest minds to join their Accounting & Reporting team.
The Financial Reporting Specialist plays a key role in adding quality and control to our financial reporting process throughout the worldwide organisation. An important aspect of the role is to work closely with the financial leadership team, identify areas for improvement and drive best in class processes. The Financial Reporting Specialist will play a key role in strengthening our processes and controls whereby we aim to reduce waste automate our processes where possible. This position will report directly to the Head of Group Accounting and Internal Audit and is a great opportunity for someone with big four audit experience who wants to make an entrance in a dynamic corporate environment.
The experience and future opportunities will include:
- Manage the external audit relationship. Liaise with the external auditors to ensure a good planning and alignment between the required audit deliverables and our internal documentation as well as follow up on discussion topics
- Take ownership for quality improvements of crucial accounting areas; areas that contain a high degree of estimation or are highly complex in nature. Ensure together with the different finance teams that we have effective and highly automated processes in place that drive in high quality accounting
- Drive further automation of controls within finance via optimal usage of the current tools in place (e.g. SAP GRC) or new tools (Robotics)
- Monitor and drive quality in our local compliance, via training to staff, quality checks of deliverables and implementation of compliance tooling
- Work with Global Business Process Owners ("GBPO's) for optimising their control setting and monitoring.
- Work closely with the financial leadership team to strengthen and improve our financial processes and make them best in class. Aim to eliminate waste and simplify, standardise and automate processes. Ensure our processes are well controlled and documented
- Where possible aim to create insight into our processes via end-to-end process descriptions and easy to understand KPI dashboards
- Assist in large corporate projects
What do we expect from you?
To be successful in the role this is the kind of profile we have in mind
- Accounting or Business Economics Degree and preferably complemented with a post graduate qualification RA /ACA/CPA or equivalent
- Experience in audit and/or external reporting (IFRS or US GAAP)
- 4 to 6 years of relevant accounting and reporting experience, preferably in a corporate accounting department of a multinational company and/or in the 'big four'
- Keen on delivering excellent quality and willing to develop and demonstrate technical expertise in accounting;
- Keen eye for detail and passion for data/reporting integrity and high quality reports
- Relevant international working experience is a pre
- Fluent in English (spoken and written); knowledge of Dutch or additional European language(s) would be an advantage
- You are communicative, analytical, responsible, stress resistant and able to handle tight deadlines
Voor meer informatie neem dan contact op met Finance & Accounting via 020-4709011 of stuur je cv naar [email protected]
Door het grote aantal reacties, zijn wij helaas niet in staat om op elke sollicitatie te reageren. Wij waarderen uw interesse in Robert Half en onze vacatures en willen u daarom aanmoedigen uw interesse in eventuele andere vacatures te blijven tonen
1062 EA Amsterdam