Accounting Officer (Dutch GAAP)
€ 3.000,00 - € 3.500,00 / month
Boekhouding en finance
Our international client (IT company) is looking for an Accounting Officer (m/f). Exploring is in their nature and they love technology. No matter how big the challenges are: they make it work.
At our client, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!
As Accounting Officer, you are responsible for making sure that the financials are compliant with local GAAP and show a real picture of the financial performance of the company, you are also responsible for accounting processes improvement.
In this position you will report to the Manager Finance & Control, and you will be integrated in a team of other 11 finance professionals.
As Accounting Officer:
- You are responsible for the preparation and booking of journal entries as well as balance sheet reconciliations
- You collaborate in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the group entities
- You perform pre/post-closing journal entries, including reconciliations in the general ledger, and are responsible for GST/VAT filings for overseas subsidiaries
- You'll play a key role in the relationship with external Auditors, helping
- manage the year end audit and statutory audits for the foreign entities
- Together with the Senior Accounting Officer you are responsible to drive continuous system and process improvements with close cooperation with global colleagues
How about you?
- You are an experienced accountant and know all about Dutch GAAP combined with a good knowledge of Dutch and International taxes
- You have an hands-on approach and you can demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor, preferably Master, Degree in Accounting or accounting related field
- CPA or similar qualification preferred
- You have at least 2 years experience in an Accountant role or similar
- Highly energetic, collaborative team player
- Comfortable in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused
- Looking for improvements continuously
- Focus on self-development
- Knowledge of VAT/GST regulations in jurisdictions
- Good understanding of overall tax regulations related with the digital space
- Manage internal Stakeholders
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Netsuite
- Excellent domain of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
1043 GL Amsterdam
nl +31 20 470 90 11