Accounting Officer (Dutch GAAP)
€ 3.000,00 - € 3.500,00 / month
Boekhouding en finance
Our international client is leading the way in the Digital Banking space and we are widely known for our innovative power and visionary view of how all of us (including you) handle our daily financial lives. Exploring is in our nature and we love technology. No matter how big the challenges are: we make it work.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!
As Accounting Officer (m/f), you are responsible for making sure that the financials are compliant with local GAAP and show a real picture of the financial performance of the company, you are also responsible for accounting processes improvement.
In this position you will report to the Manager Finance & Control, and you will be integrated in a team of other 11 finance professionals.
As Accounting Officer:
- You are responsible for the preparation and booking of journal entries as well as balance sheet reconciliations
- You collaborate in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the group entities
- You perform pre/post-closing journal entries, including reconciliations in the general ledger, and are responsible for GST/VAT filings for the overseas subsidiaries
- You'll play a key role in the relationship with external Auditors, helping manage the year end audit and statutory audits for the foreign entities
- Together with the Senior Accounting Officer you are responsible to drive continuous system and process improvements with close cooperation with global colleagues
How about you?
- You are an experienced accountant and know all about Dutch GAAP combined with a good knowledge of Dutch and International taxes
- You have an hands-on approach and you can demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor, preferably Master, Degree in Accounting or accounting related field
- You have at least 2 years experience in an Accountant role or similar
- Highly energetic, collaborative team player
- Comfortable in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused
- Looking for improvements continuously
- Focus on self-development
- Knowledge of VAT/GST regulations
- Good understanding of overall tax regulations related with the digital space
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Netsuite
- Excellent domain of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
1043 GL Amsterdam
nl +31 20 470 90 11